Send and receive money worldwide with Western Union
When you need to send money abroad, whether to friends, family or business contacts, a Western Union money transfer is the ideal solution. You can send and receive money worldwide with Western Union money transfers at all GWK Travelex branches in the Netherlands. It’s quick and easy and you don’t even need a bank account or credit card.
Benefits of using Western Union
Western Union has been providing global money transfers for over 135 years. Each and every money transfer is allocated with its own specific transaction number, so you can rest assured your money will get to where it needs to be.
You can transfer money with Western Union from any GWK Travelex branch in the Netherlands. It’s beautifully simple and you don’t even need a bank account or credit card.
With Western Union, your money is transferred and available to the recipient within minutes.
How to send money abroad with Western Union
Simply pop into any GWK Travelex branch in the Netherlands to send or receive money worldwide with a Western Union money transfer. The recipient can collect the money at agencies worldwide. It requires no bank account or credit card.
- Go to your nearest GWK Travelex branch.
- Explain to the clerk that you would like to make money transfer with Western Union®.
- Hand over a valid ID and all necessary information for the transaction: your name, full address, the recipient's name and the amount to send.
- You’ll receive a submission form with details of your transaction.
- After you have checked and signed the form, simply hand it over to the clerk along with the amount of money you would like to send.
- You’ll receive a receipt with a Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN), including terms and conditions.
- Tell the recipient of the money the MTCN number and let them know how much money you have sent them. The money will be available to them within minutes*.
How to receive money with Western Union
Has someone sent you a money transfer with Western Union? Lucky you! Visit your nearest GWK Travelex branch to collect your money. Simply fill in the “Receive Money” form and specify which country the money is coming from, as well as the name of the sender, the Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) and the amount you expect to receive. Show your GWK Travelex assistant a valid ID and they will give you the money and a receipt.
*We always strive to make Western Union transfers available for collection within minutes. The transaction time is dependent on the opening hours of the local agents and the different time zones. Refer to the submission form for all terms and conditions.